1. Prepare hot coals for grilling.
2. Cook bacon over medium-low heat until just crispy, about 6 to 7 minutes. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
3. Lightly combine the beef, Worcestershire, Tabasco, thyme, salt, and pepper and form into 4 patties (about 3 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick).
4. Grill the burgers over hot coals for about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare meat, topping the burger with cheese in the last minute of cooking. Or, pan fry over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
5. Serve the burgers on the toasted buns topped with 2 strips of bacon, tomato, onion, and lettuce. Pass the ketchup!